Kaseya Community

New Generation of Acronis True Image just Released

• I just received an email from Acronis. Does anyone have any idea as to when we might see this new version of Acronia in Kaseya BUDR?

Below are the bullet points from the email message.

Lloyd

==========================================
    New Generation of Acronis True Image just Released!

We are excited to announce Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 product family, designed to simplify and automate backup and disaster recovery for local and remote systems in virtual and physical environments.

It's time for a fresh backup and recovery strategy. One that is faster, more agile, and easier to manage than ever before!

Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 offers numerous must-have features & benefits including:

- New! Integrated data deduplication* to reduce costs – On-the-fly elimination of redundant data with file and block level deduplication during backups to optimize storage capacity and network bandwidth

- New! Policy-based centralized management of distributed servers and workstations, saving backup and recovery time and expense

- New! Enhanced virtualization support including agent-less, VCB and agent based backup of VMs

- New! Scalability to thousands of machines to support organizational growth

- Enhanced! Advanced encryption technology ensures data security of backup images

- Backward compatibility with prior versions of Acronis software. Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 is compatible with images and policies created by Acronis True Image Echo.

Acronis Backup & Recovery 10 offers many enhancements compared to Acronis True Image Echo™ and earlier versions, including:

- Enhanced! Acronis Active Restore™ minimizes system downtime during recovery

- Enhanced! Inclusion of specific device drivers to simplify disaster recovery and reduce Recovery-Time-Objectives (RTO)

- Enhanced! Silent reboot option simplifies system recovery within minutes, not hours or days

- Enhanced! Simplified and rapid system recovery with ability to boot the system from rescue media and to remote management via WinPE based media

==========================================

Legacy Forum Name: New Generation of Acronis True Image just Released,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • The last time Acronis did a major release (9.x) it took Kaseya 1 year to include it. So my first thought is you'll see this version of Acronis in K Late next year.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    The last time Acronis did a major release (9.x) it took Kaseya 1 year to include it. So my first thought is you'll see this version of Acronis in K Late next year.

And then we will be told that the VSS issues will be fixed in BUDR 5. Stick out tongue

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Coldfirex
    And then we will be told that the VSS issues will be fixed in BUDR 5. Stick out tongue

And don't forget the Synthetic backups issues.

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • Given the amount of problems that people are having with BUDR on this forum, I really hope Kaseya released Acronis 10 much faster than a year from now.

Deduplication is a huge benefit if it actually works.

Legacy Posted By Username: csousa@radicalsupport.com
  • Deduplication sounds like an amazing idea, could be CPU intensive though. Anyone used this before?

I'm not going to read too much about this though, it will just make me angry that it wasn't integrated yesterday, and probably won't be for probably 6-12 months unless we write the scripts ourselves... It's not impossible you know.

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210