Kaseya Community

Pressing F11 at boot fails

• Hello to all. Looking for a little help.

We are running BUDR, Version 3.0 hotifix level 386. I am trying to learn more about BUDR and Acronis, and was trying to perform some simulations.

When booting a DELL Optiplex 725 computer, I pressed the F11 key to load the Acronis software. But, After choosing the initial option to boot using Acronis (instead of regular Windows), the following is displayed:

=======================
    Loading, please wait.
    ERROR: No RAID disks.
    Reading all physicaly volumes. This may take a while...
    No volume groups found.
    No volume groups found.
    No volume groups found.
    Patchign f11.cfg...
    loading xml...
    Can't find /xml/httpserver.xml
    Press Enter to reboot
    =======================

On the Backup->Secure Zone screen, I performed a Verify operation, and it shows a green checkmark.

I searched the online help file, but did not find anything.

Any idea what would cause this erro message? What do I need to do in order to be able to boot using F11?

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Pressing F11 at boot fails,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Received the following reply from K support

===================================
    Thank you for contacting Kaseya Support.

Secure Zone is designed to work with the Auto-recovery portion of Kaseya.

One of the things to remember with secure zone is that if you are booting straight into it by hitting F11, the loader goes out and looks for the file httpserver.xml. And if your set to use Auto-recovery that file is going to reside in Kserver.

If you are trying to recover data with Secure Zone you will need to do it thru Kaseya's auto-recovery interface.
    ===================================

I suppose I misunderstood. I *thought* that Secure Zone was basiclaly eliminatign the neeed for the Recovery CD - and that you coudl use the Secure Zone to browse available images and restore.

Anyone have any different expieriences with F11 and Secure Zone?

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • Hi Lloyd,

As stated SecureZone in BUDR is not the same as SecureZone with the Acronis Trueimage product. It is only a boot loader that connects to the Kaseya server to access an image that you have previously told the Autorecovery process to use inside the Kaseya server backup interface. The SecureZone system I believe is designed for remote initiation of the restore process, i.e. not designed for local F11 use. The AutoRecovery CD works in the same way involving a manual boot with the Autorecovery CD but then everything else is automated by the Kaseya server.

With the Universal Restore CD you do boot into a standalone GUI that allows you to browse the network to the backup images and pick what to restore.

Paul

Legacy Posted By Username: Paul@Kadec
  • Paul,

Thanks. I suppose I misunderstood.

Lloyd