Kaseya Community

BU-DR skip backup if conditions aren't met

• Is there a way to setup a pre-script to have it skip a backup if conditions are not met? If so what is the command to skip the backup in Kaseya?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR skip backup if conditions aren't met,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mstewart
  • There is a Pre Script and a Post Script feature in BUDR for Volume backups only.
    It is on the menu

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: garry
  • garry
    There is a Pre Script and a Post Script feature in BUDR for Volume backups only.
    It is on the menu

This won't allow you to skip the backup though. It only runs the script right before the backup starts.

There is no clean way to accomplish this that I know of... But you could always use the Pre- option script, check for what you need to and then either do nothing (which would run the backup), or run another script that kills the Acronis process, depending on if your conditions are met. Kaseya would log a backup failure, so this won't be a good solution if you're alerting on failures... But unfortunately it's the only way I can think of to accomplish this off the top of my head.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • I actually wrote a powershell script that will do what I want it to do. It will eject the disk cartridge Monday - Friday, but not on the weekends. The problem I am having now is having Kaseya call the PS1 file and run it. If I run if from the local machine the script works fine, but in Kaseya it does not run.

Here is the script that is supposed to call the PS1 file I created. Can you tell me why it is not working?

Script Name: Eject drive on Weekdays only
    Script Description: This script will run the Eject Drive script on weekdays only.

IF True
    THEN
    Execute Shell Command
    Parameter 1 : powershell "C:\PSScripts\EjectonWeekdays.ps1"
    Parameter 2 : 0
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

When I run this from a command line on the local computer it works fine, but through this kaseya script it does not work.

Legacy Posted By Username: mstewart