Kaseya Community

Offsite does not run Synthetic

• Quick question. I am testing BUDR 3.0 and am able to get the initial full and incramentals to backup fien and sync with the remote server.

I can see the local server run the script to start the Synthetic backup and then exclude that directory from replication yet I never see the script attempt to run on the remote server.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: Offsite does not run Synthetic,
    Legacy Posted By Username: klawrence
  • Nothing, noone else is having this problem ?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • Yes we are having the same problem. We have never been able to get the synthetic stitch to occur on the offsite server for volume images.

Support is currently trying to figure out why. If you discover anything new - please let me know.

Legacy Posted By Username: ryan@inswift.com
  • Well I removed the volume backup job, remove all logs, backups etc etc. Recreated the volume backup job and I was able to get a remote synthetic job to run.

Not much of a reason....

• I am currently batting 1 for 4 on syth fulls (success).

Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: bent
  • The only time I have had any problems on the Synthetic Full is when the target system hasnt had sufficient disk space to 'build' the Full prior to deleting the previous full and incrementals.

i.e. It needs a lot of 'temporary' disk space to stitch everything back together.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS