Kaseya Community

BUDR 4.0

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello,

Does someone know what will be new in BUDR 4.0? I have seen on the roadmap 2010-2011 that somewhere AppAssure Relay will be used as BUDR option.

Regards,

Arno Schalke

All Replies
  • Hi, the announcement Date is 28 December 2010. Abount AppAssure I don't know something

• Take a look at www.appassure.com/appassure-integrates-its-replay4-local-and-offsite-backup-and-disaster-recovery-software-into-the-kaseya-it-management-solution

It doesnt say that its BUDR 4 so it might get a bit confusing if this is a seprate option supported by Kaseya

• AppAssure is a third party extension, won't be sold by Kaseya I think, but it does integrate now.

BUDR 4.0 has been announced btw : www.kaseya.com/.../Kaseya_BUDR_4_0_Release_Announcement.pdf

• I wonder if this will bring back the full GUI or the limited version still that was developed by Kaseya?

• I've just been reading the release details for BUDR 4.0 and it sounds good.

Does anyone know if the BUDR version includes the de-duplication module?  This would be awesome!

Is anyone using it yet?

• I like the idea of restoring in minutes instead of hours but I am not sure how they will accomplish that. Sounds good to me ....

• Hi!

Does anybody use appassure now? I've a look at it, but it seems very expensive.

• Hi,

I finally know it!

We are beginning to use AppAssure right now, it is a really nice product, and way beyond in BUDR. The enduser price in europe for the MS SBS version is around € 799,- (including the Exchange and SQL option). If you want to replicate the data to an offside location the price of this option for one server is about € 275,-. (This includes the license for the needed Replay core offsite at your location or datacenter)

The price for Replay for Exchange or Replay for SQL is a bit expensive (€ 1799,- and € 1299,-). For workstation the price is cheap (€ 69,-).

For now the MS SBS version is a great BUDR solution and overall the software is so much more then i.e. Acronis.

About the AppAssure add-in for Kaseya, this is a thirth party add-in and is free of charge at the moment and you can request the add-in at AppAssure

Best regards,

Arno Schalke

• Hi Arno.

Are you from Germany?

Is there any german distribution for the software? Is it usable as MSP - so can we buy it and install and move between our customers as we can do it with BUDR from Kaseya?

• I am hoping it will be cost effective.    If this product is not sold through kaseya and their is a problem whom would take ownership of the problem for example scheduling , alerting not working.       Problems with acorns and integration. Proves that we need to have someone that takes ownership verses pointing fingers.  

• Hi Kai,

I am from The Netherlands, if you're looking for a distributor in in Germany, take a look at the following link to contact AppAssure: landing.appassure.com/PartnerContactUs.html

I did buy a few licenses at the moment, and it looks like they are all on my name. I don't have ti give the names of the company's where i installed the software.

So it looks like you can move the license easily between customers.

For the support, i dont think there will be a great problem with that. The software does it's own backup scheduling once it is configured. So you can see the Kaseya add-in as an extension of the product, and not a replacement for the local admin console.

Best regards,

Arno Schalke

• Sounds great.

But so many money  ... Hmm...

• Hi Kai,

did you already have good experiences with appassure?

Do we have to order the products of England or did you find a distributor in germany?

Grüße aus Südtirol! ;-)

• Hi Richard.

Experiences at the moment, no. But i've bought one license and starting today.

You can buy your appassure-license from your Kaseya Consultant (since three weeks). Give him a call.

@Südtirol: Great! We must be "K-Connected"!

• Hi Kai,

ok thanks I have contacted our Kaseya Consulant.

Thanks Richard