Kaseya Community

Backup Fails with Directory Corrupted (0x7000E)

• Morning all,

at least it still is morning where im at...

i have a single workstation backup that keeps failing. i have tried numerous things and have not been able to figure it out. today i found the log entry:

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated. Details: Directory corrupted (0x7000E)

I have no clue what this means, the nas device can't be corrupted because it has other machines backing up to it. the device is also in RAID1. it's a Iomega StorCenter ix2, and has worked quite well for us so far.

could this have something to do with the fact it has failed since the 13th when it did it's last full? according to the schedule i put it on it should have done another full on the 20th.

i was going to delete (copy to another location and delete the other ones.) and retry a full, but since i have synthetic full on how is it going to create the full archive? is this why the last full failed? how do i solve this? the client is on our all you can eat and i'm running out of time before it starts costing us. please someone HELP!!!

Legacy Forum Name: Backup Fails with Directory Corrupted (0x7000E),
    Legacy Posted By Username: Mssinc
  • Im not one for bumping but i'm still having this issues and i have not had a successful backup since january 13th and i need help asap on this. if you have any information about this please share it i really need help and fast. thanks for all your future help.

Pat Roye

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • What version of BUDR are you using?

Did you run a chkdsk on the client machine (perhaps he's corrupted). This would definitely cause issues with getting a clean backup.

I'd almost suggest getting another full backup because it could be that something in the existing one is bad and it would be keeping you from getting good incrementals.

My thoughts anyway.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • thanks for such a quick reply. using version 9.5-8173 and i have tried several thing short of chkdsk or a reinstall. including trying another full. that failed with the same error. it's a desktop system by hp and i only have off hours to try anything so we won't know results until Monday if you need anything back. please help.

• You still can run a chkdsk against it and see what the results are (see if it comes back clean). If it doesn't, I'd schedule a chkdsk on reboot and then schedule the reboot after hours.

also, make sure in device mgr that the acronis device is fine.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj