Kaseya Community

“Application may have been uninstalled by user"

• We are having these unexplained BU-DR uninstalls on almost every one of our servers. We thought that it was just an annoying bug that would go away once we have to reinstall it on every server once but now it is happening for the second time.

I have searched the Knowledge Base and all is says it to reinstall. I also found that old forum post that said it is caused by servers not being rebooted after a patch. I am not buying that anymore because we reboot the servers right before every reinstall now.

Are we the only one having this much of a wide spread problem? This is way past annoying.

Thanks for any feedback.

Legacy Forum Name: “Application may have been uninstalled by user",
    Legacy Posted By Username: chris
  • I have found that the issue usually revolves around a unsigned driver for the acronis app. In other words, check device manager and see if this driver from acronis is shown as installed. And when you go to install it to your next server, be logged on at the console and you'll see the prompt to accept the unsigned driver pop up.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We have seen that popup on a few of our reinstalls but not all. We have been remoting into the server to make sure. If I understand correctly it will fail the reinstall if you don't accept the prompt. Can the install succeed but then uninstall itself because of this driver?

Thanks

• I'm not sure... However it looked that way to me. Since keeping an eye on this I have not had any "uninstalls" occur on servers that we made sure the driver was accepted and installed correctly.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    I have found that the issue usually revolves around a unsigned driver for the acronis app. In other words, check device manager and see if this driver from acronis is shown as installed. And when you go to install it to your next server, be logged on at the console and you'll see the prompt to accept the unsigned driver pop up.

If the Acronis True Image Backup Archive Explorer driver in Device Manager shows up as anything but 100% working and enabled. You can just log into the console (I feel that VNC is better than remote desktop) and then push the install again. You should then get the popup for the unsigned driver. That seems to keep the actual software from installing. Hope this works for you.

Legacy Posted By Username: OTT James
  • We made sure that the unsigned driver policy was set before every install and the problem has stopped. Thanks to everyone for your input.

• Has anyone been having this problem with teh workstation version on Vista machines and been able to resolve it?

Legacy Posted By Username: RichardB
  • On one of our servers we're getting the prompt and reply "Yes" to install the driver anyway, but Kaseya still shows it as Failed due to Unsigned Driver Policy. We checked the policy and set it to prompt, but even though we say Yes it doesn't install (per Kaseya). Has anyone had to get around this situation?

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • Check the credentials and make sure that the account has local admin rights.

Legacy Posted By Username: premierit
  • premierit
    Check the credentials and make sure that the account has local admin rights.

Thanks for that suggestion! You just saved me some troubleshooting time. My issue was with a Vista box that was failing on most days. Entering the credentials seems to have fixed the issue. Two successful backups so far, which has never happened since upgrading to the new BUDR.

Legacy Posted By Username: Bastionpoint