Kaseya Community

Backup succeeds, verify fails

• We have a few servers (out of about 70 that we're backing up) that have successful full/differential backups, but the verifies almost always fail. I hoped that upgrading to Acronis 9.5/BUDR 3 would solve the trick but no such luck. Doesn't seem to matter if VSS is on or not.

The verifies also fail at different times - sometimes 30 minutes in, sometimes a few hours in.

The only consistent thing is the size of the backups. The problem servers seem to have over 240GB of data.

We're backing up directly to USB attached 750GB drives. We've tried different image locations and still the same result.

Any ideas?

Legacy Forum Name: Backup succeeds, verify fails,
    Legacy Posted By Username: stevenhart
  • stevenhart
    We have a few servers (out of about 70 that we're backing up) that have successful full/differential backups, but the verifies almost always fail. I hoped that upgrading to Acronis 9.5/BUDR 3 would solve the trick but no such luck. Doesn't seem to matter if VSS is on or not.

The verifies also fail at different times - sometimes 30 minutes in, sometimes a few hours in.

The only consistent thing is the size of the backups. The problem servers seem to have over 240GB of data.

We're backing up directly to USB attached 750GB drives. We've tried different image locations and still the same result.

Any ideas?

I'm expieriencing identical failures, we are backing up to 1TB Nas boxes, backup completes but verify fails, we are not backing up as much data as much data, about 150GB full and 5-6GB incrementals, finding this very frustrating as I can find little if any information regarding diagnosing verify failures

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: edulc03
  • Check for C:\windows\temp\verifylog.xml. Maybe it was C:\temp\verifyxml.log. I get this same error on each of the servers that fails verifying:

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated. Details: Read error (0x70003) Tag = 0x9365D74A375E415E Error reading the file. (0x40001) function = "ReadFile" Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB12027 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service (0xFFF0) code = 800705AA) Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB8AF

From a bit of research it looks like the pagefile on the server may need to be increased to accommodate opening the large backup file for verification. Not 100% sure.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: stevenhart