Kaseya Community

Offsite Synthetic Backup Fails

• We are testing BUDR 3.0 just now and for the most part things look promising, however our offsite Synthetic backups fail. We need this to work if we are to offer this as a service to our clients. The error we get is below.

There was an error creating the synthetic full backup 20090115 00.19.32 on the offsite server. The full file will be transferred to the offsite server. The error received was: Failed to run the offsite synthetic full script

The install of the offsite server seemed to go fine and the file transfers have been working pretty well (we have to restart the transfer service from time to time), but no Synthetic backups offsite. I should mention that the onsite Synthetics seem to work and we even converted one into VPC successfully last weekend.

Legacy Forum Name: Offsite Synthetic Backup Fails,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cgracie@sygnet.ca
  • I should add that in the script history for the offsite server the result was:
    Failed THEN in step 14

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • I should add that in the script history for the offsite server the result was:
    Failed THEN in step 14

• We are now having some success with this. I am not 100% sure, but I believe Symantec Endpoint may have been causing the failures on the offsite server. I had to disable it for a few days for other testing on the offsite server, and low and behold, the offsite synthetics started succeeding (not every single one, but we went from zero success to 75% after endpoint was disabled). For those using Endpoint, we were running MR4.

• I was running my first synth full, I got no errors.. the inc file replicated fine but then it just went to trying to replicate the entire full tib.

I have a ticket open with Kaseya to see what they think...

In the meantime I was wondering if anyone knows the command line syntax to contruct a synth full... I can't seem to figure out how to do it in the gui (trueimage.exe). I'd hate to have to make two trips to this cust site to copy the full image again and bring it back.

Legacy Posted By Username: bent