Kaseya Community

update error installing synthetic update

• I am receiving the following error while trying to update the budr to support synthetics and before posting it to kaseya support I wanted to ask if anyone else has encountered this or knows what it means. Machine is win2003

2:29:11 pm 8-Jan-09 ERROR: getVariableValue() failed to get dynamic script variable value, type 0 - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImageServer\Settings\WorkingDir.
    2:29:11 pm 8-Jan-09 ERROR: doGetVariableValue() failed to query registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImageServer\Settings\WorkingDir.
    2:28:12 pm 8-Jan-09 INFO: getRegistryValue() failed to query registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{10DF6B41-D59D-4CCE-86BC-028DF8F9A061}\DisplayName.

Legacy Forum Name: update error installing synthetic update,
    Legacy Posted By Username: iamnet
  • Have you updated the agent to v5.1.0.1?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • no, my agents are 5.1.0.0. When I go under update agent under the agent tab I don't see that there is a more recent update available to me. Am I looking in the wrong place?

• Forcing the update worked and brought the agent to 5.1.0.1. trying the install again...

• no luck. Still the same error.

• I'm getting the same error. It only happens on my Vista and Windows 2008 boxes. Both happen to be 64bit. Is your 2003 box 64bit by chance? This might be the common link.

Legacy Posted By Username: MaWi
  • I have a ticket open and once a solution is found I will post back.

to date kaseya had me log into the machine and run the install file manually. They provided me with an acronis key to do it as well. setup still failed. they have requested access into my machine to look into it at this point.

• 32 bit OS actually but 64 bit hardware

• came across this post and it straightened it out.

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/93/t/8464.aspx