Kaseya Community

Backup cannot find previous full backup

• We have a server that cannot continuously backup successfully. Everytime we can get a full backup to run successfully, the next incremental fails:

Volume Full 2:07:49 am 26-Nov-08 01:01:33 102GB Failed
    Backup failed - Write error - (Full backup performed as previous backup was not found)

Volume Verify 6:46:52 am 25-Nov-08 00:54:52 - Success
    Verification completed successfully

Volume Full 5:51:05 am 25-Nov-08 04:44:50 109GB Success
    Backup completed successfully

It continuously cannot find the last full backup and the incremental attempts to run another full backup and most likely fails.

We've upgraded all drivers on the server, reinstalled acronis and upgraded the most recent snapapi drivers without success.

I've also noticed that the amount of time the verification runs is extremely short compared to the time it actually takes to run the backup. I've ran a manual verification and the backup is good.

Any suggestions for a fix?

Legacy Forum Name: Backup cannot find previous full backup,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ptrantop
  • Take the verification step out the process and see what happens. Also, where are you sending your backups to, a MAS?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I adjusted the scheduled to run w/out verification. I'll check tomorrow to see what happens.

The backup is going to a server specifically for the backup images. We know that it's not causing the failure because we attempted to save the image to an external drive w/ failure.

• I still get a failed backup:

Volume Full 3:14:40 am 2-Dec-08 02:13:13 - Failed
    Backup failed - Write error

There is nothing in the folder. The modification dates on the folders show that there's an attempt.

When I log into the server that needs to be backed up, I get multiple errors that pops up and are all the same:

Acronis True Image Command Line encountered a problem and needed to close.

Error Signature:

szAppName : TrueImageCmd.exe szAppVer : 9.1.0.3926
    szModName : TrueImageCmd.exe szModVer : 9.1.0.3926 offset : 0000c302

What should I try next?

• I have seen similar issue before... usually dealing with permission issues. From the source (the server being backed up) can you connect to the destination server's (the server you state in the K volume path) share where you are putting the image? Can you create an file? Rename it, and delete it? Verify and make sure the account you are using for credentials (Agent tab -> Set Credential Function) works.

• I just verified that I'm able to create, modify and delete the file under the set credential profile being used.

• What accounts have permissions to the share?

• Accounts accessed to shares:

Backup User (buser@domain.local)
    Domain Users (domain\Domain Users)

buser is used as the account to create the backups through Kaseya.

• MAke sure the system account has permissions as well.

• Since buser was in the domain admin group, I added it to the share.

• Also, didn't you say you had done this with a NAS too? What was the NAS?

• No. We attempted to try this on an external drive and failed. We have several servers w/ this setup and it works fine. I don't think this has anything to do w/ permissions.

• OK... I'm stumped. Try and manually run a backup to the share from the Acronis interface on the source server and see if that works. If not, check out his logs and see what he says is causing the problem .

• I attempted to do a manual backup. Acronis splash screen would appear then quickly close. There is nothing logged on the event logs. If Acronis is corrupt, I will have to wait another couple hours to reinstall due to users working at the location. If this is the case, I've reinstalled the program serveral times. Why do you think it continues to be corrupt?

• Not sure... I haven't had that problem before. Refer to this KB article:

http://portal.knowledgebase.net/display/2/index.asp?c=13584&cpc=VmyPDB553qMt523R1NY530wvqQ4UxgJ6eu2xljWW&cid=11855&cat=&catURL=&r=0.707287

Then reboot a give a fresh install.