Kaseya Community

BU-DR 3.0 upgrade instructions?

• I cannot locate anywhere on the Kaseya site a document detailing the BUDR 3.0 upgrade. This should include what I should expect to see during this upgrade and the possible challenges.

Please direct me to this document.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR 3.0 upgrade instructions?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mwhite
  • All I have seen for now is the webinar:

http://www.kaseya.com/download/en-us..._DR_%203_0.wmv

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: trebligb
  • We upgraded to BUDR 3.0. Just run the exe on the server.... that's it. I would wait till after business hours....

Then you will see that all the backup agents will need to be updated. We had zero issues.

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier
  • lgarnier
    We upgraded to BUDR 3.0. Just run the exe on the server.... that's it. I would wait till after business hours....

Then you will see that all the backup agents will need to be updated. We had zero issues.

Does the client require a reboot after the agents are updated?

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • yes you need to reboot the clients... the server does not need a reboot.

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier
  • Check the announcement section, there is a recorded webinar that will help you with the upgrade.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya
  • I understand that you have to reboot all the client servers/workstations after the upgrade and you need to do a full backup for each client after the upgrade of the agent. My question is this. Would it be possible to lets say if you had 10 clients and you wanted to do one a week for the next 10 weeks to address any issues on a per client basis. For the clients that you have not rebooted yet will they continue to run without the upgrade? I want to stagger the implementation if possible to address any possible issues with clients.....

Legacy Posted By Username: bcanilao