Kaseya Community

Upgrade BUDR to 3.0

• If I upgrade BUDR to the newest release 3.0 will I be forced to upgrade ALL clients to the new version before they will continue to work or can I choose to upgrade them at will?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Legacy Forum Name: Upgrade BUDR to 3.0,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jpplante
  • They will work, you will not have to reschedule jobs, and you can upgrade whenever you feel like it. However, when you do upgrade the very next backup will be a full.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Excellent! Thank you for the info.

Legacy Posted By Username: jpplante
  • If the new version has been released do I really have to wait for the webinar - can I download the new version from anywhere?

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: garch
  • I have been told by the reps at Kaseya that even though the notice was on the website that it is still the beta version. The final release will not be out for a week or two.

Can anyone confirm this

Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • I have been told to ask my Sales Rep about the upgrade to 3.0, but numerous e-mails requesting status have all gone unanswered.

Legacy Posted By Username: efieric
  • I ran the 3.0 update but when i check the backup tab in Kaseya it still shows the same version of Acronis. I was under the misguided impression this was going to be the an update of the acronis engine to a more recent version for the clients. At this point we can not guarantee database backups will restore properly using the BUDR and have not deployed it for anything more than folder backups.

Legacy Posted By Username: lorreed