Kaseya Community

Restore Dell PowerEdge 2950

• Can someone tell me how I can restore an image to a Dell PowerEdge 2590 with a PERC 6i RAID controller card. I cannot get Acronis to see the hard drives. I tried the Auto recovery CD and the Universal Restore but I cannot find anyway to have it use the Dell RAID array drives.

Legacy Forum Name: Restore Dell PowerEdge 2950,
    Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • Found my answer... I had to download a newer version of the Universal restore CD from Acronis.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • you can often ping support and they will shoot you the latest build with additional drivers, we've been in your shoes before with that

Legacy Posted By Username: markmancini
  • Ran into similar poblems on a 2950. I was able to get Acronis to recognize the drives by either booting into Acronis Safe mode or normal mode with the True Image Echo version avalaible from Kaseya.

My first attempt at doing a Universal restore of an image without adding any drivers resulted in a BSOD. I was able to restore the image once I added the PERC, NIC and Video drivers.

Just curiious: Restoring a 59GB image from an external USB drive took about 18 hours on the 2950. Could you let me know what your image size /time is?

I'll need to perfom a backup/restore to the 2950 on a client's production server soon. 18 hours to backup and another 18 hours to restore is just too long of a cycle to do over a weekend, especialy since the client is 30 miles away. I may have to pop for True Image Echo.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • My test case was only about 4GB of data on the same local subnet. It took about 15 minutes to complete and worked fine.

• akoop
    My test case was only about 4GB of data on the same local subnet. It took about 15 minutes to complete and worked fine.

Was that run via Kaseya or from the CD (if CD, which one: True Image or True Image Echo downloaded from forum)?

Thanks..

Legacy Posted By Username: JFayne
  • It was from the Universal Restore CD for True Image.