Kaseya Community

local & offsite server question

• We are just starting to research using BU-DR. Our plan is to install a NAS device at the client site and one at an offsite location. I am testing now but I am having some issue with the offsite server configuration. Since the destination is a NAS device and will not have an agent running on it do I need to assign a public IP to the NAS or to the machine I selected as the offsite server? I am thinking it should be the NAS device but whenever I try this I get the following error: Offsite Server Not Found.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Legacy Forum Name: local & offsite server question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • Each end point will require a K agent to manage it. In other words, the onsite NAS will need a K agent on a server (or workstation) that handles moving the data offsite. The offsite (remote) NAS will need a K agent on a server (or workstation) as weel so it can handle receiving the data to the offsite NAS.

You cannot send data to an offsite NAS without a K agent installed on a Server (or workstation) at the offsite location.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • So the public IP of the offsite server should point to the machine not the NAS?

Legacy Posted By Username: akoop
  • nope... (Click help under backup and you'll get the full scoop on how to do this).

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj