Kaseya Community

Acronis Will not Install

• backupInstallLog.zip
    All,
    I am running into an issue getting the Acronis Agent to install on a Server 2003 box. When the install starts wmiprvse.exe pegs the processor at 100%. Here is a copy of the install log

Copy of Backup Log attached

From the Script Log

11:14:51 am 10-Sep-08 Install Backup dholliman
    FAILED in processing THEN step 11, Get Directory Path From Registry, with error Registry Query Failed, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Acronis\TrueImageServer\Settings\WorkingDir
    11:14:51 am 10-Sep-08 Install Backup dholliman
    Installing low level drivers on Windows 2003 requires Local Policies - Security Options - Devices: unsigned driver installation behavior set to Silently Succeed (value = 00). Current policy setting = 00

Legacy Forum Name: Acronis Will not Install,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DynaSis
  • There is an unsigned driver from the Acronis install that needs to get installed before the app will be installed sucessful (search this forum for unsigned driver to get the answer from prior posts to this problem).

To solve this issue quickly, login in at console and run the install again (but first go to device manager and make sure there is not a failed acronis device that you'll need to remove). When you push out the install the console will be prompted to accept the install of the unsigned driver. If accepted, then the install will finish fine.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We had to log this with Kaseya support and eventually it was tracked back to a corrupt AcronisTrueImage.msi on the Kserver which was only 39,964 KB. NOTE: It should be over 90MB.

The Kaseya support removed the MSI file from the KServer hiddenfiles and forced the KServer to download it fresh and the problem went away.

LT

Legacy Posted By Username: karlg@originit.co.nz
  • I had this same problem just last week. It looked like the driver installed halfway due to the unsigned driver policy, which was causing wmiprvse.exe to absorb more and more CPU until the machine locked up.

First I had to go into the local machine policy and allow unsigned drivers.
    Then I found that Acronis was still unable to install.
    I logged into the server, uninstalled acronis through add/remove programs and then manually deleted the remaining folders.

Then I followed an article I found in the Kaseya knowledge base about manually removing the arconis registry keys. In that same article was a link the snapapi driver, which allowed me to download it and do a manual install on the driver.

After that, I was able to push the backup install, and everything has been working properly on those two servers for about a week now. (knock on wood)

Here's the link to that KB article, with much better instructions than mine:
    http://portal.knowledgebase.net/display/2/articleDirect/index.asp?aid=267779&r=0.2366907

Legacy Posted By Username: Joe.Reinig
  • Thanks to everyone who replied. I will try the suggested and post the results.Smile

• Joe,
    Do you have article anywhere? The link is dead.

• DynaSis
    Joe,
    Do you have article anywhere? The link is dead.

I believe you are looking for this:

http://portal.knowledgebase.net/article.asp?article=267779&p=11855

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian