Kaseya Community

USB Storage Devices

• Has any one had any luck using a USB attached external hard drive on a workstation for BUDR and then performed a regular image restore or a bare metal image restore with no problems?

I question if the BUDR boot CD will see the external USB hard drive.

Legacy Forum Name: USB Storage Devices,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • The latest version of the BUDR boot CD will see the attached USB drive with no issues.

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: WYDan
  • I don't know about that, and they don't support SATA either. What we do is take the backup drive, take the bad HDD out, put it into a bootable machine, plug in the USB drive and then restore the disk. We then put the "bad" disk back and everything seems to work. A little tedious but it seems to work most of the time. -E

Legacy Posted By Username: espeer
  • Hhmmmm, looking at getting into the BUDR on workstations first, then MAYBE the servers.

Trying to find a simple backup solution for workstation folders & images. Thought a common USB External HDD (SATA) with BUDR on the destkop could be used for the storage device. But not sure on the USB device being read if the image as to be restored at a remote location.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Legacy Posted By Username: shickey
  • I have been using USB drives for over a year now for remote laptop users and have done many restores successfully.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore