Kaseya Community

Kaseya Backup GUI Released!

• The Kaseya Backup versions prior 3.2 included the Acronis GUI on each endpoint that had the backup agent installed. With version 3.2, Acronis no longer provides this option. To address this issue, we have created a local GUI that can be used for the most common activities.

We are happy to announce that the local Kaseya Backup UI is now available. It will silently and automatically install on endpoints that have the backup agent installed with no intervention required on your or the users part.

The local Kaseya Backup UI is installed in the following location:

%InstallationPath%\BUDRLocalUI.exe

(Where %InstallationPath% may differ based on installation and 32/64-bit. Most commonly this path would be c:\Program Files\Acronis\TureImageServer)

This first version of the local Kaseya Backup UI and it is not intended to be a 1 for 1 replacement of the Acronis GUI. This version provides access to the most common activities including the following:

• Verify folder and volume backups
    • Mount volume backups for restoration
    • Restore all files from a folder backup
    • Convert volume backups to a virtual hard disk

Here are some screenshots:

• :( I haven't gotten mine yet... I'll be waiting...

• I just tried it myself, fairly easy to use and seems to work well. Thank you DEV team.

• Worth noting on a 64bit the install path is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Acronis\TrueImageServer

Is this a controled roll out or am I just looking in the wrong place?

• How do we restore a single file from a back-up set? This is possible with the Accronis UI and we use this function most of all.

• The easiest method is to mount the backup file as a virtual drive.  Find the file, copy it to the target location and then unmount.  This can all be done through the Kaseya console.

• Will the Kaseya Backup GUI open when you double click on a .tib file?

Thanks!

• I saw this on one of our servers but not others.  How is the deployment scheduled?

• I still haven't seen it on any machines we have BUDR deployed on *sad_face*

• Hi Max. So creating a virtual drive is not asking for resources like disk space? It is not like restoring a whole back-up set and than finding the file you want to restore?

• @Thirteentwenty -  sounds like you'll need to open a ticket.  :(  sorry.  

[edited by: Brendan Cosgrove at 2:47 PM (GMT -7) on 11-1-2010] revised.
  • Do'h just found out why I'll do just that! Thx Brendan

• @Bert: Correct.  It's a virtual mount.  I map my full hard drive to my machine all the time.  Usually takes about 30 seconds or so to pop up.

• Brendan: I see that you removed your comment about Kaseya 6 SP1 being needed for the local gui to get deployed.  Can you confirm if SP1 needs to be deployed first or not before endpoints get the local gui?

• @Coldfirex - Yes, I posted that mistakenly.  SP1 is not a requirement for the latest version of Kaseya Backup