I must say that this backup problem is more related to how Acronis integrates with Kaseya than a problem with Kaseya. Having said that, I know that Acronis has been brought in to specifically look at the issues with BU/DR, but I am not sure if it is a Priority 1 problem for Kaseya.
Other than the annoying little problems with BU/DR, we have been more than happy with Kaseya.
I would suggest that after testing and evaluating Kaseya, if you choose to come on board, make sure that the server you pick to run your Kserver is scalable to your expected utilization. We started out with an older dual 1Ghz server and after we put several hundred machine accounts on it, it started having to work real hard to keep up. We recently upgraded to a new server with plenty of RAM and it is running easy now.
Please note: All of my backups are Image backups. I use image backups because I can recover files from images, but I cannot do a cold metal restore from a file backup. Because of this, it is my opinion that from a Disaster Recover point of view, image is the only way to go. I am not sure if the file/folder backup users are having any of the problems that I am having. Also, because the initial backup file is so big, it will take days and day to copy the initial tib file to your offsite storage location, so be aware that you may need a monthly manual component (copy to removable and carry offsite) as part of your backup service you provide to clients.