Kaseya Community

Any way to exclude the big .tib file in offsite storage?

• Well, since no one replied to my previous post I am going to try a new one ;-)

Since the initial periodic .tib file is so big in most cases and pushing out a 50Gb file every month is, in many cases, unreasonable, I would like to know if there is a way to exclude that particular file and synchronize all the rest.

My idea would be to manually copy the big 'un to a removable HD and either keep it in a safe placeoffsite, or ship it to the 'offsite' location for holding. Because the offsite storage is really the .01% solution, the chances of ever needing it is pretty slim, but if it is needed, the file on the removable HD could be married easily with the daily tibs to do a restore.

Randy

Legacy Forum Name: Any way to exclude the big .tib file in offsite storage?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RandyS
  • IIRC, offsite replication takes ALL the contents of that folder and subfolders on the Local Server and attempts to replicate it to the Offsite Server and there is no way to exclude some files from replication.

You could move the large *.tib files that you don't want to replicate out of the subfolder to another folder that is NOT part of the folder tree that is being replicated.

Legacy Forum Name: Backup Tab,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Another alternative is to send all your backup *.tib files to folders that are NOT being replicated. Then, you can have a post backup script run once a week (or whenever you want) that copies just the *.tib files that you want to a folder that IS being replicated.

Then, you have control over what is being replicated and what is not while your local backups are still running as usual.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Good ideas! It would be a little touch and go to script it, since the root folder name for the tib files are based on the date and time of creation of the new period. I think that moving them to a different folder would be good, but this file is needed if any of the automated cool mount and restore features are to be used.

Randy

Legacy Posted By Username: RandyS
  • The replication essentially compares the contents of the local folder with the remote folder.

Another option is to manually move the “big TIB” to where your replication is taking place. Once replication begins, it should see that the “big TIB” is already there and just replicate subsequent files TIBs.

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.spencer@kaseya.com