Kaseya Community

Alert After Multiple Failed Backups

This question is not answered

Is there any way to configure Kaseya Backup to create an alert after multiple backups? 

The reason I ask is that I have a client with laptop systems that backup to an external hard drive.  The process runs every night.  The client is not concerned if a few backups are missed because the external drive is not connected.  When this happens, the backup is reported as failed, not skipped.  I would like to reduce a lot of ticket noise by only alerting after 3 failed backups.  Is there any way I can do this?

I considered using event log alerts and checking to create an alert if no successful backup even was seen for 3 days, but this will not work as Kaseya monitoring counters reset when the machine is restarted (http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/27/t/13972.aspx).  So, if the use reboots or shuts down every 1-2 days, it could miss every backup job and I would never get an alert.

I would like to be able to schedule to backup jobs to only run 2 specific days during the week, but Kaseya uses the old version 5 scheduling system, so I can't tell it to run on Tuesdays and Thursdays for example.

Is there any way I can only get alerts for multiple failed backups in a row?

All Replies
  • I would do something like the following:

If error found then:

-Update Custom Field to 1

If error found

querySQL Table for custom field value and use variable =  SQL

If Error found and #SQL# = 1 then

Update Custom Field Value to 2

else

Change Custom Field to 0

If Error Found and #SQL# = 2 then

Update Custom Field to 3

E-mail\Raise ticket in System

else

Change Custom Field to 0

Should be achieveable via Kaseya Procedure.