Kaseya Community

Is there a way to see a detailed full backup schedule of all clients?

This question is answered

I'm curious to know if there is a way to see a detailed backup schedule.  I have some synthetic full backups giving me trouble, and I suspect there are other clients with a full scheduled at the same time, potentially causing problems accessing the NAS etc.  I would like to prevent that from potentially happening this round.

Anyone know how to view when the next FULL is scheduled, easily?  I understand I can check the logs on each server find the last full, then count 30 days out (which is our standard), but I've scheduled fulls that have failed since the originally scheduled full, and I'm not sure which one Kaseya will be counting against for the next full backup.

Any suggesstions on determining when the next full backup is scheduled to run?

Thanks,

BG

Verified Answer
  • From what I've seen it appers to be a straight schedule. If your schedule is every 30 days then it will attempt to backup every 30 days whether the backup succeeds or not.

• You can look in the agent procedure to see when it is next scheduled

Thanks
    Grant Doubinin

On Sep 28, 2011, at 4:48 PM, "Beatgrinder" <bounce-Beatgrinder@kaseya.com> wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.  As there is no way to see when the next scheduled full backup is (a future feature request for sure), does anyone know if Kaseya schedules its next FULL backup off of the previously configured schedule, or if it will go off of the last attempted full backup?

Example:

server1 does a synthetic full every 30 days, but I manually schedule one on day 15 that incidentally fails.  Will the next automatic full backup happen in 15 days or 30 days?

Our backups run on a tight data plan, and any extra, unnecessary fulls clog up the NAS.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Without a custom sql query, I don't see where the info you need is available in the VSA.

• In the VSA console, when you go to "Backups" - "Schedule Volumes" there's a column that says "Next Backup". In that column you can see when the next backup is scheduled for a machine and the type of backup that is scheduled ("Full", "Inc/Diff", etc). Unfortunately, there's no way to sort by backup type, though.

• Thanks, I appreciate the responses.  As there is no way to see when the next scheduled full backup is (a future feature request for sure), does anyone know if Kaseya schedules its next FULL backup off of the previously configured schedule, or if it will go off of the last attempted full backup?

Example:

server1 does a synthetic full every 30 days, but I manually schedule one on day 15 that incidentally fails.  Will the next automatic full backup happen in 15 days or 30 days?

Our backups run on a tight data plan, and any extra, unnecessary fulls clog up the NAS.

Thanks

• From what I've seen it appers to be a straight schedule. If your schedule is every 30 days then it will attempt to backup every 30 days whether the backup succeeds or not.

• You can look in the agent procedure to see when it is next scheduled

Thanks
    Grant Doubinin

On Sep 28, 2011, at 4:48 PM, "Beatgrinder" <bounce-Beatgrinder@kaseya.com> wrote:

Thanks, I appreciate the responses.  As there is no way to see when the next scheduled full backup is (a future feature request for sure), does anyone know if Kaseya schedules its next FULL backup off of the previously configured schedule, or if it will go off of the last attempted full backup?

Example:

Thanks

• Thank you both, that's helpful.