Kaseya Community

Kaseya Online Backup - Does it only use a US Amazon account?

This question is answered

Juts read through the Kaseay Online Backup datasheet and it states that it uses Amazon S3 storage, provided through Kaseya. i.e. We dont need individual S3 accounts as K is going to provide and invoiceus for that.

So my question is: Will K only be using the US Amazon S3 service or will they also provide storage in the Amazon European Data Centers?

Verified Answer
  • Kaseya Online Backup supports geolocation.  

Amazon S3 is currently available in the US (East & West Coast), EU (Ireland) and Asia Pacific (Singapore) regions.

Online Backup will store your data in the appropriate Amazon region based on your location.

Mike

• Hi Kai,

I think there's a misunderstanding.  The initial release of Kaseya Online Backup will only use Amazon's S3 cloud.  In subsequent versions you will be able to use your own data centers but not with the initial release.  I'm sure specs will be announced once the functionality to store to your own data center is added.

- Max

All Replies
  • Oh! Great question.

European Data Center is a "MUST-HAVE".

Greetings from GERMANY!

• This is a must for us in the UK aswell. Needs to be a european data centre. Also reading the datasheet i hope that implies we (The MSP) get invoiced from Kaseya and not our end user?

• Amazon and Rackspace are the same. Rackspace owns the Amazon. Rackspace has better pricing. Support is a questions tho as they are trying to get Rackspace support going. Currently, Amazon online support is the only thing available. However, neither have their act together yet. Jan 2011 is the formal cloud services announcement where they are going to actually have some VAR pricing with actual working software. Rackspace pricing is better. Friday we are meeting with OPSOURCE to see what they have to offer. MozyPro is too cumbersome. Barracuda has a nice appliance for imaging locally and seeding remotely, but have not looked into pricing on it yet.

My2pennies......

• Kaseya Online Backup supports geolocation.  

Amazon S3 is currently available in the US (East & West Coast), EU (Ireland) and Asia Pacific (Singapore) regions.

Online Backup will store your data in the appropriate Amazon region based on your location.

Mike

• Does anyone know if Kaseya Online Backup will ever work with your own storage server? Let's say you have your own datacenter and do not want to utilize Amazon, Rackspace or any other cloud storage service? (why pay recurring fees when you have your own datacenter?)

• I too would like to know if we can use our own data center as we have the same senario.

• v1 will support Amazon's S3 cloud.  versions coming shortly thereafter will allow you to store the data anywhere you like.

• Hi Max.

What techspecs must our datacenter fullfill to be supported by the upcoming versions of k-onlinebackup`?

• Hi Kai,

I think there's a misunderstanding.  The initial release of Kaseya Online Backup will only use Amazon's S3 cloud.  In subsequent versions you will be able to use your own data centers but not with the initial release.  I'm sure specs will be announced once the functionality to store to your own data center is added.

- Max

• Okay. Thanks.

• Will the Kaseya Online Backup support Exchange, SQL, Active Directory in future releases or remain purely file/folder based?

Thanks

Justin.

• Kaseya Online Backup can backup .pst files, sql files, but you are correct that it doesn't allow to backup individual mailboxes, etc. (brick-level). There's no plan to add this type of support to Online Backup for the moment.