Kaseya Community

Acronis - Exchange SQl

• I need to backups for exchange servers to be sent off site. Is anyone suing BUDR for sending Exchange Backups Off-Site?

Legacy Forum Name: Acronis - Exchange SQl,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • Here's the big picture view:

1.a. Exchange backup script (calls ntbackup.exe)
    or
    1.b.i Exchange pre-backup script (stop service)
    1.b.ii. Folder backup of .\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\*
    [1.b.iii. Exchange post-backup script (restart service)]
    2. Kaseya folder backup (wherever the .bkf from #1.a or the folder for #1.b)
    3. Kaseya offsite backup

The details include setting up a folder backup, scheduling such a backup, setting the local server and the offsite server, setting the offsite replication schedule, and writing/testing the scripts that actually do all the work (otherwise you have a wonderfully impotent Exchange backup sitting offsite. NOTE: I do NOT recommend 1.b. You can read the BUDR forums to find out why).

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: justin4dti
  • I agree with Justin4dti, use ntbackup.exe or any 3rd part backup software that is Exchange application aware.

As far as SQL goes, you can schedule nightly backups inside SQL 2000 & 2005 to achieve the same thing.

finally, you need to use application aware backup apps (like ntbackup) to be able to properly commit & flush the logs.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Any ideas/suggestions for managing Exchange 2007 on Server 2008? the backup util in server 2008 is not exchange aware! Can you believe the removed that functionality from NTbackup!!!!!

How are people working around this? I can't put ANOTHER backup product on the server and it seems archaic to stop the services for a backup. That still does not commit the exchange logs.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Legacy Posted By Username: jamie177
  • I haven't checked myself, but I believe you can use a powershell script to backup exchange 2007

Legacy Posted By Username: eddy@dgs.com.au
  • Do you need to stop all the Exchange Services, or just a particular one?
    Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl
  • do you like to chat in a popular chat room?Chat rooms models wanted now, here will have many girls naked chatting.

Legacy Posted By Username: onlinegames988