Kaseya Community

Local / Offsite Storage

• It would be nice if you could keep a different backup set locally and offsite. This would allow customers to offiste just one backup set, but keep several locally, therefore reducing their offsite storage cost (keep 3 months locally 1 month offsite for example).

Legacy Forum Name: Local / Offsite Storage,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dschultheiss@interdev.com
  • Or even the other way around:-

i.e. 1 Month locally, for fast restore

6 Months off site for 'archive'

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • I second both of these suggestions. An option to select how many sets you want to store on the off-site, whether that's more or less than you store locally, would be fantastic.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • It would be nice to be able to select how many sets locally and offsite you want to keep differently. It would also be nice to have an option if you want to delete the sets or notify us that there a too many and we can archive them to another location for more permanent storage.

Legacy Posted By Username: Chrisl
  • I thought about creating another folder on the EHD/NAS device and copying the .tib files before the max # sets was reached. Ex. If I want to keep 2 sets local and off-site, I would copy week 1's files before it created week 3's Synthetic Full. I would rather do this at the local site but it could be done on either side. Anybody else doing something like this? Keep 2 extra sets on the local side?

Legacy Posted By Username: billmccl