Kaseya Community

Executing backups via agent procedure

• Is there a way to queue up backups via agent procedure? I'm trying to automate auto fixing\troubleshooting backup failures and I wanted to check to see if anyone has been successful before I tear apart the code and web request to figure it out or create my own custom solution with acrocmd.

• In a very much unsupported method of accomplishing this, we create an Agent Procedure with a step for scheduleProcedure() using any procedure at all. We then export the procedure, edit the XML in a text editor, change the script ID to a system script ID, and import the procedure back into Kaseya.

For your specific question, you should search the scriptIdTab table for the following Procedures:

Full Vol Backup

Full Fldr Backup

Run Vol Backup Now

Run Fldr Backup Now

In our database, Full Vol Backup has a scriptId of 176, so to wrap that in a user accessible procedure import:

<ScriptExport xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns="www.kaseya.com/.../Scripting">

<Procedure name="Acronis - Run Full" treePres="3" id="798024733" folderId="492080719439355" treeFullPath="MSP.Backup.Acronis">

<Body description="Calls the system procedure that runs a forced full volume backup.">

<Statement name="ScheduleScript" continueOnFail="false">

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="ScriptName" value="176"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="TimeDelay" value="0"/>

<Parameter xsi:type="StringParameter" name="MachineID" value=""/>

</Statement>

</Body>

</Procedure>

</ScriptExport>

Cleaned up language a bit.
    [edited by: jondle at 8:56 AM (GMT -8) on Feb 27, 2018]
  • Thanks for this, i've been using it for the past 2 weeks and it seems to work well. Do you know if there is one for initial update? I'm not seeing anything for initial aside from these.

Initialize Patch Scan - Step 1

Initialize Patch Scan - Step 2

Initialize Patch Scan - Step 3

Initialize Patch Scan - Step 4