Kaseya Community

Software Management: Third Party Software Updates + OS Updates: but no third party updates

This question is not answered

I've switched this this recently introduced Scan and Analysis profile in software management, mainly due to the issues with Kaseya Update strategy- old patches resurfacing, patches not applying.....

All Machines have 3rd party license enabled and a deployment schedule is enabled.

The problem is that either no third party patching is occurring, or I have no visibility of it. If I manaully check machines, I'm not seeing software updating (Chrome 2 versions old, adobe reader a few versions behind ...)

I raised this issue at my last technical account review and was told this strategy only patches the OS- now that just doesn't make sense. 

Is anyone else having issues with this, or perhaps just avoiding this approach?

All Replies
  • Do we know when this update will happen? I noticed BMS updated but VSA did not?

• Looks like anytime soon.

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../360015342397-9-5-2-Feature-Release-November-2020-

•   Have you got the link to that documentation you mentioned?

Also to anyone using this Patching strategy, are you finding that 3rd Party Updates are now working?

I plan to finally move over from Patch Management once it is safe to do so.

• Yes, I have exactly the same issue. Bizarrely, we have an issue where some machines randomly show a stupid number of missing patches (1700+) and these do show patches for third-party software (e.g. Adobe) but list the vendor as Microsoft

• In my test environment, my devices appear to be getting all the MS updates but I am not 100% sure with my 3rd party ones.

• Towards the bottom of this page:

help.kaseya.com/.../9050000

•  is 3rd party patching now working for you? I have opened a support ticket and they are investigating still.