Kaseya Community

Patching to the Latest 9.3 patch

• Hey Guys, 

New to Kaseya and I have a question about patching.  I just happened to look at our patches and our patches have never been updated since the final 9.3 base release. Do I have to apply each patch or can I just apply the latest? 

• Answered my own question! Nevermind!

• For those reading the thread, the answer is that patches are cumulative - so just apply the most recent patch and reapply schema, and you'll be good to go.

Don't forget to reapply schema - not all patches automatically do this, but many patches require it, or you'll find certain things are missing and/or broken....

• Kaseya patches should not require running reapply schema.  If you find a requirement, please report that to support so we can investigate.  This should not happen.

• Support is the one telling the community to run the reapply schema after a patch.  I have heard this from multiple reps.

• lol... I was told by two different engineers that the re-apply of the schema will occur during every patch update automatically... so far it has been happening on ours with every release of 9.4 patches...

• Jim, try patch 9.4.0.15. The cloud backup history won't appear without a schema reapply post patch.

There are plenty of other examples, the forums have plenty of posts on the subject. Some patches even launch the reapply themselves due to known issues.

Edit: 9.2.0.6 is another on that comes to mind that went wrong without a follow-up reapply schema.

Jim, is Kaseya ever going to fix kinstall.exe so it does\n't just "vanish" when it's done and actually lets users know if it completed successfully or not?

more info.
    [edited by: Craig Hart at 8:18 PM (GMT -7) on Mar 25, 2017]
  • "Jim, is Kaseya ever going to fix kinstall.exe so it does\n't just "vanish" when it's done and actually lets users know if it completed successfully or not?"  +1

• Jim, patch 9.4.0.16 requires a reapply schema, otherwise the cloud backup install button is missing.

Even after 9.4.0.16 & reapply schema, the install button returns, but it's permanently greyed out. Time for yet another support ticket....