Kaseya Community

9.3.0.30 Patch Release - 9 March 2017

• Hi All,

We have just released patch 9.3.0.30;

http://help.kaseya.com/webhelp/EN/RN/index.asp#38205.htm

9.3.0.30 Patch Release - 9 March 2017

Critical Issues For Customers To Patch Immediately

Virtual System Administrator™

• Fixed an application error in Live Connect related to an invalid date time format, associated with installing the Kserver on an Italian Windows Server. (PT-457/EES-217)
    • Selected records in a grid will now correctly update the counts when a refresh occurs and there is a filter applied. (PT-454/AF-2323)
    • Fixed a scope issue for non-standard users that caused newly installed agents to not be visible in Live Connect and REST API functions. (PT-439/LI-375)

Agent Update 9.3.0.17

The following patch requires updating the agent to version 9.3.0.17.

Virtual System Administrator™

• Fixed the display of an application error when clicking the Events tab of Live Connect.  (PT-456/EES-175)

• Seems that Windows Server 2003 & XP agents do not auto-update since the .29 patch.

• I'm also having issues with machine policy assignment since the patch -- new policies assigned to machine groups are not actually being applied, even when selected for reprocessing.

• +1 Following...

• We waited a long time to move to 9.3 and still had to wait until this patch (9.3.0.30) to have a significant issue resolved...not moving to 9.4 anytime soon

•  - Please create a support ticket for this, I do not believe these are supported Operating Systems any longer, but best to get a ticket in.

and  do you guys have a support ticket for this issue?

• The documentation for the minimum system requirements for 9.3 and 9.4 still show Windows XP and 2003 as supported by the Kaseya agent (although they do note the OS is no longer supported by MS).

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

• I also noticed that from the documentation. If they are supported, they are supported and should auto update. If a decision has been made to no longer auto update the agent on these systems then the release notes should state this surely?

• Also for what it's worth, I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4 this past weekend and all of my 2003 servers and XP workstations updated to the new agent without issue and the new remote control seems to be working fine.

It's also worth noting that XP service pack 3 is required for the new remote control, butt the agent version still updates without SP3. Same goes for service pack 2 for 2003 servers.

• to your point, I hadn't really considered that I manually updated all of my 2003 agents and probably did the same for XP. I do that out of habbit though. I turn on auto update for the first 48 hours and then turn it off and schedule a manual update.

My reasoning for doing this is some agents will just fail to update (rare occasions) and I would rather not have them constantly trying over and over if auto update is enabled. I do the manual afterwards just so that if any were missed or offline during the auto period they are covered at next checkin.

• We do the same here. The downlevel clients keep spawning the agent update and not completing if we leave it enabled so it is always a manual installation for those ones. I was picking up on the point made by where XP and 2003 do not autoupdate from what he has seen.

• While it does say Windows does not support these operating systems, it also specifically says under the Support for Obsolete Systems;

The Kaseya agent may be installed on these versions but support will not be provided for OS specific issues.

My recommendation is to create a support ticket to allow support to investigate and find the root cause, it does not sound OS specific issue but it would need to be validated.

• Anybody else having problems with Server 2016 monitoring? Our Monitor Sets are reporting Waiting for data ... in the Last Value field and certain monitor sets are not shown in the Monitor Log.

• yep - I logged a ticket and was told "Kaseya does not support classic monitoring of 2016 yet" which I found rather unbelievable.  However they were able to provide me 3 files to replace on the kserver which fixed the issue.  You can quote my ticket to help you - 174713

• It seems strange recent Kaseya patches haven't included an update for those 3 files.

We got this patch weeks ago, early February, monitoring has been working fine since then.

This seems like an oversight on the part of Kaseya, any thoughts?