Kaseya Community

9.3.0.24 Patch Release - 1 December 2016

• Hi All,

We have just released patch 9.3.0.24:

http://help.kaseya.com/webhelp/EN/RN/index.asp#37879.htm

9.3.0.24 Patch Release - 1 December 2016

Critical Issues For Customers To Patch Immediately

Virtual System Administrator™

• Fixed an issue establishing a connection when launching Kaseya Remote Control from Portal Access. (PT-297/AF-2244)

Cloud Backup

• Fixed an issue that prevented Acronis credentials from being entered in the Cloud Backup module if the VSA was hosted on a system using a non-US date format. (PT-307/KCB-375

• can we add a line item in the release notes if a new agent version is released with it? or is that already there somewhere and i just miss it?

•  

I received this request previously and asked if this could be included, I will follow up to see what we can do.

• One extra piece of info that might be useful. Installing this patch last Monday resulted in the Kaseya Edge Services service not starting. I rebooted, installed again to no avail, in the end I created a ticket for this.

Would like to include it was picked up promptly by support and a fix was already known. The certificate Kaseya uses was corrupted somehow. So, using the SSL Configuration tool the certicificate was imported again fixing this issue.

I agree with the general sentiment on current patches, the 9.3 version is getting better at a decent rate and reliability is satifying at this time. The only real exception we deal with now is the new KAM module, which is frankly disappointing and very little is being done about it. It seems patch 9.3.0.23 has some improvements, but I haven't been able to test this yet to confirm. A shame nobody thought it was important enough to include it in the Release Notes...

Changed the text about KAM, our 3 months old ticket was updated just after posting, so edited my initial thoughts...
    [edited by: OudjesEric at 4:12 AM (GMT -8) on Dec 6, 2016]
  • We moved 100 classic KAM to the new version and we too have been waiting for months to have them sorted, always out of compliance and out of date. in the next version.  Next has been really generic, what next year?

• Let me add a small token of hope.

For the first time in recent memory (meaning months) KAM installations in the new module have a chance of working. We are looking into this now, testing with about 50 machines.

The status updates are still rather disappointing, but support has just provided us with a fix that seems to work. Under ProgramData the submap Tasks under Kaseya is sometimes poorly managed. It can flood with thousands of subfolders all having exactly one text file. Cleaning that out and doing a Cycle Endpoint Service Agent Procedure manages to solve a lot of issues we see... Works for new KAV too....