Kaseya Community

DFS-R Replication Status Monitoring - Advanced WMI Test

• Hi All,

I am trying to monitor the replication status on some of our Windows file servers using a Traverse advanced WMI test. The DFS-R metrics reside in the MicrosoftDfs WMI root so following the Traverse Advanced WMI test format of:

\<namespace>$<class_name>:<property_name>:<qualifier>

I have crafted this query:

\MicrosoftDfs$DfsrReplicatedFolderInfo:State:ReplicationGroupName="ourdomainname.local\users$\pcsetup"

Unfortunately the test fails with "Server returned error: Unable to collect PDH data: NO_DATA".

Any thoughts on what I am missing?

Thanks,

Tim

• Using Paessler PRTG I have been able to extract this WMI status with this query based upon:

root\MicrosoftDfs

SELECT State FROM DfsrReplicatedFolderInfo WHERE ReplicatedFolderGuid="08C1BE05-128B-4EB5-BBDA-3B73B1607569"

This should translate to:

\MicrosoftDfs$DfsrReplicatedFolderInfo:State:ReplicatedFolderGuid="08C1BE05-128B-4EB5-BBDA-3B73B1607569"

for Traverse, but the value that Traverse reports back is either "Server returned error: Unable to collect PDH data: NO_DATA" or the wrong value, a "1" instead of a "2" or "4"

Thoughts, suggestions, head banging relieve product ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

• Traverse support worked with me and we were able to determine that this was a bug in the WMI engine. The value provided by these queries is a INT8 variable and Traverse fails to receive these values properly.