Kaseya Community

Question about Result Multiplier

This question is answered

Hi community,

I try to monitor a special Counter (packets in Bytes) from an Interface of a cisco ASA.

I configured a new advanced test and found my counter through the MIB browser. In the MIB browser the counter is a type "Counter64". When I wait for the results, it says in the Diagnose the following:

"Calculated value exceeds MAX_INTEGER32: polled=1546124776621; processed=1546124776621"

I thought Traverse automatically checks, that this Counter is a 64 Counter and it should create an Int64 but it didn't.

As “workaround” I can set the result Multiplier to 0,001 so it is kb but with this multiplier I can only truncate the value and it didn’t represent the real conversion from byte to Kbyte.

Now to my question, can I tell the result multiplier to divide my value through 1024 or 1048576 to get real KB or MB or is this only possible through an XML?

Thanks and kind regards

Christian

Verified Answer
  • Hi Christian,

In order to divide by 1024, you will need to set a result multipier of 0.000976 (ie. 1/1024)

Regards - Rajib

All Replies
  • You may indeed use the result multiplier to convert the polled value to KB//MB representation. In fact, the same method is used within the XML based Device Signatures for metrics that are discovered automatically. You may also consider using rate or delta post-processing directive to show change over time. This is the preferred approach for traffic/packet - otherwise the chart will show an ever rising value.

Regards - Rajib

• Hi Rajib,

Thanks for the fast reply.

But can you tell me how to use the Multiplier to get the correct value? If I put for example 1024 in the Multiplier, it multiplies my value, as the name says, but I need to divide the 1024? Can you help me out here?

Thanks a lot

Christian

• Hi Christian,

In order to divide by 1024, you will need to set a result multipier of 0.000976 (ie. 1/1024)

Regards - Rajib

• Thanks Rajib. I was never good in maths...