Kaseya Community

Article 10002: How do I set-up Symantec's PcAnywhere for use with Kaseya's remote control?

• The information in this Article applies to:
    Microsoft Windows(All versions)
    Kaseya Agent (All versions)
    Kaseya Server (All versions)

Problem

How do I set-up Symantec's PcAnywhere for use with Kaseya's remote control?

Resolution

Symantec's PcAnywhere version 9.x

The Kaseya Administratrator and Kaseya Agent systems must have a licensed copy of Symantec's PcAnywhere installed.

No other configuration is necessary. The Kaseya Agent and VSA Server automatically configures and applys an authentication method when a remote control is initiated.

Symantec's PcAnywhere version 10.x

The Kaseya Administratrator and Kaseya Agent systems must have a licensed copy of Symantec's PcAnywhere installed.

On the Kaseya Agent and Symantec PcAnywhere host system, you must configure the Network, Cable, DSL properties for the host. In the PcAnywhere Manager, select Hosts, then right click on the Network, Cable, DSL icon and select properties. Select the Callers tab and choose an authentication type. Select PcAnywhere as an authentication type if you do not have a good understanding of the methods of authentication. You must add a caller to the caller list. This caller will be the username and password you will enter when Kaseya initiates a remote control session. Lastly, select the priviledges tab, then select superuser. This will give you complete functionality.

Legacy Forum Name: Article 10002: How do I set-up Symantec's PcAnywhere for use with Kaseya's remote control?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • I do not think PCANYWHERE is best practice...what is wrong with the latest "Kaseya Remote Control"?

www.theverge.com/.../2547616

• JukiQQinc  - Why are you responding to a post from 2004?