Kaseya Community

Kaseya Remote Control and Safari 10.0 / macOS Sierra

This question is not answered

Is anybody else unable to launch Kaseya Remote Control from Safari 10.0? I found that enabling the Develop menu in Safari and changing the User Agent to present as Internet Explorer 11 allowed Remote Control to once again launch.

All Replies
  • Hi

I know that Safari 10.0 is still in beta and has not seen a general release yet. I recommend opening a ticket with support in regards to this, this may not be supported yet.

• Hey Matt, thanks for the post.  This helped me out enormously after the panic attack I had when I saw that Sierra broke this functionality.

• Thanks. This also works if you change the user agent to Chrome

• You saved me with this one.  Nice work.

• Strangely enough - without this "fix" in place we can launch Remote Control from Live Connect, but not directly from the VSA ... To me that is 2 different programming methods to open the window - and 1 works and the other doesn't ...

• Matt helps me more than Kaseya support...awesome!!! I opened a ticket on the 22nd and then got this response 45 mins ago -

Please accept our apologies for the delay in response.

Thanks for the details. I can reproduce this issue in my test machine. I am reporting this issue to our Engineering team. We will update you once we have further information from them. Thank you for your patience.

Wasn't macOS Sierra in public beta with PLENTY of time for them to test this even if they didn't pay to be an apple developer...?

• If I upgrade to Sierra, can I use it in Safari or Chrome?
  • You can use it in Safari and Chrome, Chrome is not technically supported, but it seems to work. I just prefer Safari.

Each morning I launch Kaseya I just change my User Agent setting to IE 11 (I recommend doing it before you log in as it will otherwise log you out after you change it later).

Kaseya is still giving lousy answers:

The issue is with windows that option of sharing windows apps with OSX.

In case that is reverting back to its original settings , kindly reachout to Apple support to get information about how to permanently apply those settings.,

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards

Tapas Kabi

Technical Support Engineer

Kaseya

How about you make things work in browsers you support instead of telling me to reach out to Apple? LiveConnect works so I know they know how to do it.

• Hi  

This issue has been reported to Kaseya Engineering, which will release a permanent fix. (Problem Ticket #155145)

I do not believe Kaseya Support should be advising on how to modify developer settings for Apple's Safari Browser.

With that said, if what you are trying to do is make the User Agent setting permanent for IE 11 and you accept the risks associated with this (I have not tested this on Sierra), the following command should allow you to do this - run via terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Safari CustomUserAgent "\"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64, x64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko\""

From the following article:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/28961533/How-do-I-permanently-Safari's-Develop-User-Agent-Default-option-to-IE.html

You will not want to leave this setting in place once a fix is released, so the following article will explain how to remove this setting:

http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/107580/how-to-reverse-the-defaults-write-com-apple-safari-customuseragent-my-user-ag

• Nicolas,

Thank you! I am not planning on changing my setting permanently, I just wanted them to report it to Engineering as a bug to get fixed instead of trying to send me to Apple asking me them to resolve the issue!

The user agent workaround is slightly annoying to do manually each time, but I can live with it until the issue is resolved and then it only applies to the Kaseya Safari tab I am using. The support didn't even bring this up as an option and instead had me disabling Sharing which doesn't work for me.

• Does Kaseya have any plan of addressing this?  Sierra has been out for a while now, and this is STILL a problem.

• Kaseya Remote Control can be launched using Chrome on macOS Sierra but not Safari.  It also works through Live Connect (which is a separate app, of course)

• Well they haven't released a patch since Nov 3rd, KAV profiles are still broken which is probably creating more heat than this right now, so...go fish?

• Does anyone know if this is fixed in R94?  Just installed the latest update for R93 and it's still not working.

• - any word on if this is fixed in 9.4?