Kaseya Community

KRC Sessions are closed whenever console session from vSphere is launched

• we are running Kaseya Release 9 patch 13 and we have vSphere 5.5.0. whenever i have an existing KRC session open and launch a console from vSphere it immediately closes. it does not do anything in the opposite way, and i am always able to get back into KRC by relaunching it.

has anyone seen this before?

• Hi  

Interesting, I have not heard or seen this behavior.

I am running VSphere 5.1.0.2669 on my machine and launching KRC on a consistent basis without issues.

I will try and upgrade to VSphere 5.5 to see if it can be recreated.

Checking up I found the ticket you submitted today on this issue, I will let you know the results when I get to updating VSphere.

Best Regards,

Nicolas

• Hi ndaddona 

So I downloaded one of the various versions of 5.5 and could not reproduce.

Trying to reproduce with the following steps, please let me know if I am missing any:

1. Open KRC session from admin machine

2. Open VSphere, connect and open a console for a various VM.

So, if I am doing this in the same manner you are -- can you please clarify what version of 5.5 you are running?

Best Regards,

Nicolas

• Hello,

I know it's an old post, but I can't find anywhere else were this issue is discussed.

We do also see this behavior on ~10 clients.

Our Kaseya is at 9.2.0.4 and Vmware Vsphere client is 5.5.0 Build 3237766

Did you ever find a solution for it?

• we are still seeing this to this day, even after an upgrade from 9.0 to 9.2. we never received a fix and to be honest the support case kind of just fell by the wayside.

• , ,

At Kaseya Connect, I worked with a customer reporting a similar issue and was able find a work-around that worked in his specific environment.  I encourage you both to open a ticket.  There may be specific environmental considerations that need to be investigated before a blanket-approach fix, and a ticket is going to be the best bet you get information that is suitable for your specific situation.  I recommend you provide a full detail of the issue and behavior you are seeing and reference ticket #108514.  Ask the Support technician to determine whether the information described in that ticket is relevant to your specific situation.  If it is, the Support technician will be able to provide you with a possible solution.