Kaseya Community

Anyone else having a stuck Ctrl key when exiting from a remote session?

• Running v8 on Win 8.1   At first I thought it was my keyboard, but 2 keyboards and a whole system wipe/reload hasn't fixed this...

Whenever I exit from a RDP session, it seems like my control key is in a pressed state.  If I scroll the mouse wheel, the screen will zoom in or out.  If I start typing, it will do whatever key commands with the control button pressed.  I have to actually press the control key once or twice to turn if off...but if I go back into a RDP session, then it's back on again when I exit.  It seems to work fine within the session, only seems to break when I exit back to my system.

Anyone else have this problem or a suggestion other than remembering to press the control key?  It doesn't happen any other time using any other software on my computer.

Thanks in advance!

• This was fixed as of today in version 9.1.0.3. I cannot verify version 8.

Patch release notes: help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

• RDP or KRC? there are known bugs with the keyboard state in KRC - there have been a series of "fixes" the most recent of which was in patch 9.1.0.3 as of about 24 hours ago.

• Hello Andrew,

There were some KRC fixes released in both R9 and R9.1 - you can find some details in the Release notes below.

VSA R9 Release Notes

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

VSA R9.1 Release Notes

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

The issue below maybe the one you are seeing which was fixed with a Patch Release for R9.1.

9.1.0.3 Patch Release - 1 July 2015

Fixed an issue that caused the CTRL key to get stuck after clicking the Alt Gr key while in a remote session. (IP-852/D2)