Kaseya Community

Remote Control and controlling access to certain agents by certain users.

• Ok here is my scenario:

Ok, i created a standard domain user inside of our active directory. user account is jondoe. he is just a domain user in Active directory and not a Domain Admin.
    this same user tried to RDP outside of Kaseya into workstation1 and he can't because he has not been granted RDP access to that workstation. Now, if i setup that same user inside of Kaseya as user with Remote control permissions enabled inside of kaseya, he is able to remote control in workstation1 from Kaseya and long in just fine. How is Kaseya able to overide the windows permissions for Remote Control? Is there a way to change this so that a non-administrator user can not log into certain machines/servers 

• "How is Kaseya able to overide the windows permissions for Remote Control?"

Kaseya Remote Control does not use RDP therefore the RDP domain restrictions do not apply.

" Is there a way to change this so that a non-administrator user can not log into certain machines/servers "

Sure. One way is to specify in the User's Account in Active Directory which workstations that particular user is allowed to log into. Probably not the answer you were looking for, though.

• Using AD not correct the issue:

See below the reply from my service ticket:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Davis,

As I mentioned, KRC does not abide by Windows, it is it's own separate application, and so it does not take into consideration Microsoft's security.

However, you could make this into a feature request if you think this is necessary. Feature Requests and Suggestions are now handled directly via the new Helpdesk Knowledge Base area: helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../20135356-Feature-Requests. This KB area is actively monitored by our Product Managers. As well as submitting new ideas, you may vote ('Like') ideas others have submitted, by clicking on the "Me Too!" button. You can also see what's planned and track when the ideas suggested have been implemented.

Kind regards,

Jorge, Kaseya Support

I am a regular contributor to the Customer Support Knowledge Base [helpdesk.kaseya.com/forums]. Check out some of the helpful KB articles my team members and I posted. Some answers you are looking for may already be posted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me this is a serious issue that Kaseya needs to correct. Thoughts