Kaseya Community

Shadow a Remote Session

This question is not answered

It has been a hit/miss when it comes to shadowing another persons Remote session in Kaseya.  I know the theory of the initial connection is an attempt at a direct and indirect (through VSA) connection and making the connection on the fast/quickest connection available.  But what about shadowing? Sometimes two techs can shadow the same connection and other times only one is allowed to connect.  Does anybody have an answer on how to shadow ALL the time?

Thanks,

Tim

All Replies
  • Bump!!... Finally got our system updated to V9 and we're seeing this issue as well... We're used to being able to Shadow other techs on their remote sessions when assisting them with things so that we can show then what to do in order to fix something and we too are seeing where sometimes two users can connect to the same machine using KRC, and sometimes the second connection in bumps the first one off..

• Still no answer on this one?  ANyone from Kasey listening?

• Hello ,

If you are currently experiencing this behavior, we would kindly ask to open up a support ticket with us so we can investigate further for you. You can do this by going to helpdesk.kaseya.com. Please feel free to let me know your ticket # for follow up purposes.

Tim

• Not sure if this will help: but KRC can only have multiple connections to Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and Server 2012/R2.

If the server is running 2003/R2, 2008/R2 (or any variants of SBS); only one session can be used at a time. (Meaning one tech at a time.

Source: Previous support ticket with Kaseya

• Now see *that* would be useful information to have in documentation somewhere....and maybe it is there somewhere, but I sure haven't been able to find it by searching.

• I don't think it was documented anywhere; my company learned by trial and error and then found it was intended for "performance". This was what concluded from the ticket we  had:

helpdesk.kaseya.com/.../103777596

Glad I was able to help.