Kaseya Community

Changing resolution of private remote control sessions

This question is answered

It appears that the screen resolution of any private remote control sessions is fixed at 1440x1080.  This is giving us grief as some clients who use it to connect to their terminal server are saying the resolution is too high, particularly if they are on a laptop. 

Is there any way to change this setting, either on the machine initiating the remote session, on the Kserver, or on the remote agent?

Verified Answer
  • Eddy, Thanks for sharing your feedback and do understand the limitation. The R8 functionality is implemented with the fixed resolution and users can't change it.

We did create a product enhancement request and we will evaluate it for a future release. Cheers. Anand

All Replies
  • Eddy, Thanks for sharing your feedback and do understand the limitation. The R8 functionality is implemented with the fixed resolution and users can't change it.

We did create a product enhancement request and we will evaluate it for a future release. Cheers. Anand

• I would also like to see this change.  I find 1440x1080 an odd resolution to pick for all private session and I would  prefer to set the resolution manually like we could with RDP in the old remote control settings.

Also I'd prefer a setting where the remote desktop screen will not scale with the window.  I hate how blurry the screen appears next to a crisp RDP session running at a 1:1 resolution.  The scaling especially makes text appear fuzzy.

• I believe the ability to change resolution is scheduled for R9.0.  A larger desktop resolution of 1440x1080 was added in R8.0. Fit to screen, zoom in & out are on the Roadmap for the R9.0 release. Kaseya is planning to do a roadmap call in the next couple of weeks (check your email over the next couple of days for an invite). The presenters should be able to address enhancements to screen resolution on that call.

-Max

• So they still haven't replicated all of the RDP features that they stripped out?

• Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. Will capture your input into the enhancement request. Anand

• I'm testing 9.1 as a potential upgrade to our 6.3 install so this is my first time using the new RC.  My private sessions also seem fixed at 1440x1080, which is really tricky to read on my laptop (1366x768, minus taskbar and other window decorations leaves me 660 vertical px, so I'm viewing at ~61% of original size).

I don't see any mention of changing this in the online help, so I'm guessing that it's not yet possible to adjust the resolution, but I just wanted to check that I'm not missing a trick here - even being able to full-screen the remote control window would be a help!