Kaseya Community

ActiveX and Google Chrome Remote Control

This question is answered

Hi Guys,

I'm having some problems with Google Chrome and ActiveX. When I try to connect with a computer through Remote Control it freezes on this screen:

I've tried several fixes, see below:

- Added a Custom rule with {class id} | user agent: MSIE8/9 and Chrome
- Re installed Chrome and ActiveX for Chrome 
- Checked Regedit: KaxRemote.kasRmtHlp and KaxRemote.kasRmtHlp.1

Feel free to give some suggestions 

Verified Answer
  • Hi Guys, I fixed the problem by browsing to this folder: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\  and delete the .dll file. If you just browse to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files it doesn't show you the conflict folder.

All Replies
  • Just to eliminate the obvious. Have you clicked on the "here" link?  I've noticed in Chrome that sometimes the pop-up comes up very, very small in the bottom right corner.  Nothing will happen with that page until you download the installer and click on it.

• 1. Close your browsers

2. Go to %WINDIR%\Downloaded Program Files

3. Delete kaxRemote.dll

4. Delete any folders like "CONFLICT.x"

5. Start browser, log in

6. Get prompt to reinstall kaxRemote

7. Rock & Roll

• If I click on the "here" link it's downloading the anoying noActiveX-50968588.exe file..

So basically everytime I click on "here" I need to download that file..

• Hi SMason,

The folder is empty. Even when I close my browser.

• If you aren't getting the prompt to install kaxRemote.dll, then Chrome may be blocking it. Try installing from Internet Explorer instead. If that works, you should still be able to use it in Chrome.

• ...this is assuming you have the "ActiveX for Chrome" extension configured correctly.

• Really weird, It also doesn't work in IE. I need to install the noActivex to get it working.

• Any suggestions ?

• Hi Guys, I fixed the problem by browsing to this folder: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\  and delete the .dll file. If you just browse to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files it doesn't show you the conflict folder.

• Ah - the folder was marked as hidden? Interesting.