Kaseya Community

KVNC Failing to connect, numerous steps tried.

This question is answered

Just need some suggestions to get remote control working on a machine....

I have a single agent (Win7) thats causing us problems. The remote control is set as KVNC and fails everytime I try to connect, although all other machines at this client are fine (there is no issue with the broadband connection or the PC performance). I can get VNC to work (every 1 in 5 attempts) for 30 seconds to a minute through Live connect before it locks up and disconnects. One odd thing is that I have tried to change the RC type to winvnc but it immediately reverts back to kvnc,

What I have tried:

1. Verifying the correct check-in kserver
  2. Microsoft Security Essentials present but no other AV, firewall software, other than KES.
  3. Uninstallaing and preinstalling RC
  4. Uninstalling and reinstalling the agent
  5. Disabling the firewall on the PC

So, Live Connect can get VNC the odd time, but nothing at all through the standard Remote Control > Control Machine

Does anyone have any other suggestions, please Smile

Thanks

[edited by: Jack Jones at 7:50 AM (GMT -7) on 24 Jul 2012] (Amended to include MSE)
Verified Answer
  • Thanks for the update. I'd like to take a look. Please create a ticket and include the name of the machine in question. Also enable the kaseyasupport account on your Kserver if you have not done so yet. This can be enabled via the system module > request support page > create button. Once you have done so, send me the ticket number and I will take a look.

All Replies
  • Aside from not being able to connect using KVNC, anyone know why I cant switch to WinVNC and it flicks back to KVNC?

• Hi Jack

Which browser are you trying?

For KLC now I use Chrome (lastest), but for the remote control KVNC, I use Internet Explorer 10 (Windows 8) in Admin Mode, the install the Active X and every things rocks.

Do you have the Deploy Live Connect Agent procedure scheduled or not? (will make your life easier ...)

Etienne Deneuve

• Some operating systems, such as Windows 7 & Mac, don't support the Kaseya WinVNC, so KVNC is automatically assigned with that OS.

• Are you still having this issue with KVNC remote control to this single agent? If so does the preinstall RC show failed or success? If it shows failed, create a ticket and send me the ticket number. If it shows success, then most likely it is something environmental since it is just this single agent. A few things you can try if the preinstall shows success:

1. Telnet from the agent to the kserver using the port the agent is using

2. Verify another VNC package such as tightvnc is not preinstalled

3. Verify localhost resolves to itself

Hope that helps.

• @Etienne I generally use IE9 for Kaseya, although Live connect seems rather heavy in this - agreed, Chrome is very fast with Live connect. THanks for your suggestion about Live Connect proceudre, will bear that in mind.

@Max I see, thank you, that does explain that part - something I never noticed actually.

@Tito Preinstall shows success yes. I will give those suggestions a try and port back the outcome

Thank you all,

• @Tito - I cannot telnet to the kserver, although I cant from other machines at that client that have no KVNC problems.

No other VNC installed

localhost resolves and pings fine

What next kind Sir?

• Thanks for the update. I'd like to take a look. Please create a ticket and include the name of the machine in question. Also enable the kaseyasupport account on your Kserver if you have not done so yet. This can be enabled via the system module > request support page > create button. Once you have done so, send me the ticket number and I will take a look.

• Test this with UAC turned off and see if it starts to work.

• Thanks for all your help guys.

TIto has got this going.

Involved forcing an agent update, and changing the working directory due to a permission issue on the previous WD.