Kaseya Community

How do i ask whether a patch is approved?

This question is answered

Hi,

Every so often, especially when i've been lazy with my patch policy management, i get informed that there's a patch waiting to be approved but it's been superseeded by another patch. What is the most efficient way to figure out if i've already deployed the superseeding patch (and thus, can safely deny the superseeded one)?

I've found two workarounds, neither of which are elegant:

• See the KB Override section. If it's not there, it's been approved
  • See all the patches (Approval by policy -> click the sub-of-the-sums -link, the largest number) and use Ctri-F to find the patch

Is there a way to search for the approval status (preferrably for all the patch policies) for one given patch?

~rL

Verified Answer
  • patch approval by patch is an option in kaseya. This way you can set the patch status by patch for each patch. this function is located under the 'patch by policy' in the left column.

With update 6.0.1 there is also an option to set all superseded patches to 'denied'. This way you can set a patch to 'denied' when a superseeded patch is in place.

All Replies
  • patch approval by patch is an option in kaseya. This way you can set the patch status by patch for each patch. this function is located under the 'patch by policy' in the left column.

With update 6.0.1 there is also an option to set all superseded patches to 'denied'. This way you can set a patch to 'denied' when a superseeded patch is in place.

• That nearly answers my question :)

I'm running 6.0.0 so i'll just have to wait for the "auto-deny" feature.

However, the only way i can use the Approve by patch feature to find the approval status of a patch is to show all patches (which takes ages) and then to filter by KB number. Not precisely convenient if i just want to find the status of a single patch.

Is it just me or does the showing of all patches take minutes?

• Sorry, that was a mild overdrift. One minute 48 seconds it was.