Kaseya Community

New Patch Engine screwed me UP!

• What is up with this new Engine?

I had a group of machines that were on auto-approval. I'll never do that again.

All of the language packs were downloaded to the local LAN patch source.

Arabic, Chinese, Chinese Simplified, Danish, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Bugarian, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hebrew, Lativian, ... on an on..

It filled up the hard drive on the clients server, and started crashing their network apps. over 5 gigs of patches, most of them worthless to the customer.

I don't like it. Not one bit.

Legacy Forum Name: New Patch Engine screwed me UP!,
    Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • I've had the exact same problem. The language packs all got downloaded and started crashing workstations. We are still sorting through all the problems.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mJeep
  • We held off on installing the Kaseya update that brought the new patch management. We plan on implementing it this week.

Any advice for us so that we can avoid the problems you have experienced?

Thank You!

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • So far, our only issue has been the language packs. They add up to many Gigs and use up valuable space. On Vista machines, they seem to really cause problems if pushed out also. My advice would be to deny those patches as soon as you complete the upgrade. There are 40-50 of themin total.

• Seconded. We're denying the language packs as well, and we don't have any "auto approve" collections. (This is due to the IE7 deployment fiasco earlier this year.) Now I make sure that every endpoint is at least in the "NoIE7" collection so we can enforce a basic level of approvals.

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • Hey Guys,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I, of course, did not want this to happen to our clients and have been searching high and low for these language packs. Idid the upgrade tonight on our Kaseya serverand the first thing I did was try to find them. I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: jeff.legue@one82.com
  • Go to PATCH MGMT and then PATCH APPROVAL. Then click on the Classification of UPDATE. I recommend checking the box for "Show Details"which will show some of the different Language packs to Deny them. Hopefully this is helpful.