Kaseya Community

Reboot Action Issues - UNRELATED TO NEW PATCH MECHANISIM

• Hello,

I have a question for the forum. How do you think this works in Kaseya:

In the reboot action you set a machine to Not reboot and prompt the user. If no response in 60 minutes then reboot. If user not logged in then reboot.

Tell me your understanding of this.

I do have a reason for asking.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Reboot Action Issues - UNRELATED TO NEW PATCH MECHANISIM,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • If no one is logged into the machine it will reboot immediatelly. If someone is logged in, a prompt to reboot will be shown for 60 min and if no answer by that time auto-reboot?

-Ed

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • i concur

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • You would think that is how it works. But it is not. Here is what actually happens.

The script will prompt the user with the box. However, the script (internal Kaseya script) only gives the user 1 minute to respond to the box before it timesout and schedules the "Patch Reboot" script to run in one hour. What this creates is say Johnny goes to the can and comes back 10 mins later and sees the msg. He goes "O, I need to continue working." so he hits continue working. However, at this point the script has already timed out and cheduled the reboot for one hour. Then 50 minutes later, Johnnys PC reboots with no warning. He thinks to himself "I hit continue working." So now we have an irate customer.

I have verified this by looking at the actual script itself. I have already called and spoken with Mark Sutherland and he understands the issue and is going to be passing it on to his dev team so this should get resovled, but until then I didnt want people to think that this is how this works since thats the way it reads.

One thing they will need to change is the fact that in the User Response is Yes IF statement, it will only allow you to put a timeout of 10 minutes. So they will need to adjust this. They also need to make it to where when the timeout does expire, it removes the msg box. Having a user respond to a box that does nothing for them gives them a false since of action.

This is not a slam on Kaseya and I think you guys know that. I have been on these forums a long time and have meet many of you. I just wanted people to be aware of this "bug" since it could be a major concern for MSPs.

God Bless,
    Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Nice find Marty, thanks for letting us know.

-Ed

Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa