Kaseya Community

New Patch Engine Causing Issues

• Has anyone else noticed some issues with the new patching engine? I sent a support request in and got the response that the guy logged into my server and couldn't find the patch I mentioned (it was right there - not sure WHY he didn't see it). So I sent him some screen shots. Waiting for a response.

First issue... I've got a collection that prevents a few patches from installing - mainly IE7 because it causes problems with one of the sites they need to visit. So I had denied KB926874 (the IE7 update). Well now, when I go to "Patch Update" it shows me ALL of the machines as needing that patch, even though all but a couple have it denied. So apparently, anything that's denied still shows there are missing.

When I click on "machines" for that patch, it shows all but a couple as "Denied by Patch Approval" (which of course is correct; they are, but I shouldn't have to see all the patches that are NOT supposed to be installed as missing).

Last night, all patches in all collections were either approved or denied; nothing was pending. Now, 322 patches are showing as pending. I had to go back through them one set at a time (you can no longer approve all types in one shot - it now means taking roughly 10 sets per collection) and approve them all - except for the ones that should be denied.

What I found is that the IE7 update is now showing as both KB926874 and KB940767 and instead of 128 machines showing as missing 926874, I'm seeing 83 missing that and 45 missing 940767. Again, most have those denied.

Within the "Machines" screen for a particular patch, the page selector at the top doesn't work (the one you normally use to move through pages of machines when you've got more than the maxium number of lines to display). There's a new one right above the list of machines. The problem is that it now shows some random number for each page (like 13426) instead of the machine name.

And they're no longer sorted in any logical order; they used to be alphabetical by machine name but now they're not sorted at ALL. Makes it tough to find specific machines.

Anyone else seeing these issues?

Legacy Forum Name: New Patch Engine Causing Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I see those issues.

We have seen this error also when clicking on "machines" for a particular patch.

The page cannot be displayed

style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana; COLOR: #000000"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana; COLOR: #000000"
    HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
    Internet Information Services

• Error Type:
      Microsoft JScript runtime (0x-7ff5ec6f)
      'testStatus' is undefined
    • /PatchTab/applyUpdateData.asp, line 828

• Browser Type:
      Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30)

• Time:
      Tuesday, October 30, 2007 10:34:11 AM

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • Good old "reapply schema" took care of this one error for us.

Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • although I am not having critical issues with the scan engine update, I am seeing an irritating message about "scheduling scanning on machines". It is telling me that i do not have XX machines scheduled to be scanned. The problem is that the machines it is fussing at me about have scheduled scans that I added AFTER the update. Sounds like a little glitch maybe...? I turned off the remind me check box, so it is not irritating me anymore, but it would drive me batty if it could not be turned off.

Other than that, smooth sailing so far. It will get its first real test tonight.
    Hopefully, it will not cause a long tomorrow. Smile

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • I'm getting the same "machines need scanning" message too. At least I know it's not just me.

Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions
  • Support acknowledged that is a problem that's already been reported and they're working on it. No ETA. However, it doesn't seem to be a REAL message so other than being annoying, you can apparently ignore it.

The only problem with turning it off is that when they fix it, you may not remember to turn the feature back on (and it is useful to know when some machines are missing the scheduled scan).

Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • We're seeing the same issues with the nag.

We had some machines installupdates that were clearly denied on Patch Approval.

Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • ... and they fixed it and deployed it with a hotfix. The message doesn't show up anymore.

Legacy Posted By Username: Bert Haver