Kaseya Community

Patch Management of 64Bit versions of Windows

• Have a managed server running 2003 x64 Standard edition.

Was getting a little confused that the Patch Summary graph refuses to show anything other than "unscanned" for this server when I know patch scan is scheduled and review the script log states the patch scan completed successfully.

So, dug into the patchscn.xml file in this systems managed files folder and I find this:

ERROR: Failed to get OS info. osTypeID = -1, osTypeStr = 2003, osInfoStr = Server R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 1 Build 3790.
    WARNING: 64-bit operating systems are not currently supported in Patch Management! osTypeID = -1, osTypeStr = 2003, osInfoStr = Server R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 1 Build 3790.

So, when will 64-bit be supported?

Since MS is trying to move everyone over to the 64bit platform (think Exchange 2007) this is a big flaw in the current release of Kaseya.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management of 64Bit versions of Windows,
    Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions
  • Yeah, 64bit isn't supported for patching yet. I hope it will be soon. Though I am guessing it will be a few months.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Yeah, we're running a few Windows 2003 64-bit servers (including Exchange 2007) so I hope that Kaseya doesn't take much longer for supporting this.

How long have the 64-bit versions been released now? Sad

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • Seems to be a major oversite and weakness. I also don't recall reading anything that states that there is no patch support for 64bit.

Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions
  • it's mid of 2007 and still no 64 bit support for:

OS not supported. (Windows 2003 Storage Server R2 Standard x64 Edition Service Pack 2 Build 3790)

can we get some dates please.

thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: oliversolman