Kaseya Community

File Source as Managed Variable

• Is there any way to use a managed variable in the file source UNC path. I have different companies that have different source file paths and I would like to add it to my template so that each company will have their own source file path defined in managed variable. Is this possible?

Example:
    Create a managed variable that points to \\computername\path

Legacy Forum Name: File Source as Managed Variable,
    Legacy Posted By Username: infosystems
  • There isn't a way to do this. We asked for several templated variables including patch source andcredentials (username, password, domain). I'm hoping that it gets in there in a future release, but I've heard no specific plans to include such templating.

I'd suggest sending an email to support@kaseya.com with the request for templated variables for agent configuration.

Take care!

Bob Penland

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • If you look under Managed Variables, you can use a Public Variable to accomplish this. You assign the Public Variable to each client with the specific path that the client uses. That way your script just points at the Public Variable, so you can use the same script for all clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: TomKraus
  • I'm trying to add the public variable to the file source in Patch management. I know the public variable will work in scripts but it doesn't seem to allow me to use it in file source. Under patch management, I want to be able to use the option "Pulled form file server using UNC Path: \... with being a public variable. If this is not possible, is everybody just manually changing their file sources? Because if we ever need to update a template and have preexisting agents copy settings from the template, it will wipe out the whole configuration again. Am I missing something here that will make my life easier?

Legacy Posted By Username: infosystems
  • No, you're not missing anything. We update our patch sources manually and have to live with the repurcussions of copying agent template settings to existing agents.

Just be very careful in doing so.

Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland