Patch file failed to download

Forums

Forums
Forums, discussions, and Q&A for all products.

Patch file failed to download

• Patch.jpg
    When i run the Patch management test I was getting “Patch file failed to download” and it is just happening on client machines. can you guys please help me.

Thank you,
    Karunakar CH

Legacy Forum Name: Patch file failed to download,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rkarunakar
  • I'm wondering if Windows Autoupdate has downloaded patches, will that prevent Kaseya from downloading them, and cause this error?

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TimJ
  • I dont think so because most of our client uses Kaseya but they were not getting any errors like this and it is happaning only with one client on only client machines.

• Have tried the following?

1. Verify the unc path is configured and valid. If you remote control and login in using the same credentials as the agent, load the path in explorer to ensure you can copy a file locally.

2. Ensure the patches are being downloaded at the source machine. There is also a readme.txt file required in this folder.

3. Check the update patches (*.exe) to ensure they are valid in size. In a proxy server configuration, exclusions may be required to allow the lan file source machine to download the updates from the internet.A related article here:
    http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=31&forum_id=13

4. What patches are pending for the machine. By viewing the patch Mgmt -> Machine Update function, you can find details on the patches pending for install. Do you find any of these require user interaction (i.e. Office Updates)?

5. Can you find any failures in the script logs or any details in the Script logs for the Agent machine? Click the OK icon next to the machine account name, this will display a machine summary page. Select the

Pending Scripts tab to view a script history. patch script names are "$ins$ptcN$machineID", do you find any with a failed status? You can view the corresponding details from the Agent Logs -> Script Logs page of the machine summary.

6. If the update continues to fail, you could modify the file source settings so update files are not deleted from the machine after the installation attempt. Once the update fails, you can manually run the update locally to find any errors that to indicate the problem.

Legacy Posted By Username: lfacey
  • Hello,

Support has confirmed me that there is an issue with Patching and Windows x64. They say that at this moment Kaseya is unable to patch this OS, so verify if you are getting this error in x64 machines.

In the same way, depeloper's team tell "within few months" to wait untill this issue have been solved :shock::-X.

What should I tell my customers? "My super-service is unable to patch your x64 systems, I'm sorry. Please wait for 3 months to patch them..."

Kaseya: I need a more explicit solution to this problem.

Angel.

Legacy Posted By Username: angel.amores
  • I spent lot of time and i am working with Kaseya support. i am thinking they would fix the problem.

• I spent lot of time and i am working with Kaseya support. i am thinking they would fix the problem.