Kaseya Community

Office Update - Manual install required.

• If there are MS Office updates that require manual installation and the user logged on can I schedule the update, login via RAdmin and watch the install to see if it looks for the CD, or does this update need to come from the Office Update website?

Thanks for the help. I'm just getting into the Patch Mgmt features

Shane

Legacy Forum Name: Office Update - Manual install required.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rditech
  • Here's the skinny on Office updates. Office 2002 (XP) and Office 2003 can be scheduled and work regardless of the current user state. This is provided you've installed using a network administration point,copied of the CD-ROM to the network and installed from there,or post install redirected theinstall location tousea copy of the CD-ROM on the network.If you need help with the install media problem, look for the office patching topic. Kaseya 4.7 is suppose to solve this problem.

However, Office 2000 is a problem.Unfortunely all Office 2000 patches still display prompts. Kaseya claims there's no workaround, but I know of other patch products that don't have this same issue. A user needs to be logged on to answer the prompts for installation and so forth. I have asmallnumber of these systems. So Iremote control then,logon, then schedule Kaseya to patch them.

Do not schedule the patches and then attempt to use remote control! The Kaseya 4.6 agent only processes one task at a time. This will lock you out of remote control until the patches fail.

Good luck!

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • Thanks for the help. Very informational. How did you find this out? Are there docs I am missing? This doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Thanks,
    Shane
    "It's an impossible situation, with possibilities."

Legacy Posted By Username: rditech
  • Most was trial and error process, school of hard knocks. However, I do think I was one of the earlier users to redirect the Office location to a network copy of the CD-ROM. I started using Kaseya in Oct '05.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex