Kaseya Community

Pending patches

• I have an issue with a particuliar machine group. Any patches I schedule end up in a pending state but never install. This happens for all the machines in the group. The patches are not denied either. Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Thad

Legacy Forum Name: Pending patches,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tgerbervns
  • Yes I have the exact issue as well. I have checked everything: source, credential, connectivity. The "test" function also sits in "pending" state as well.

So far I am very unimpressed with Kaseya's patching function. It seems very poorly designed and dont get me started with reporting....Maybe kaseya should focus on improving their current product rather than trying to create more modules to sell.

Legacy Forum Name: Patch Management,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dlpope
  • Have you submitted a support request?

Legacy Posted By Username: PITG-Don
  • We are experiencing this with at least one Machine Group. It appears to have started after we went to 4.7.0.0. I have a support case on it. Has anyone received a response from Kaseya?

Legacy Posted By Username: rciezki
  • Many times when we find this behavior, it is related to the File Source configured for the agent machines. If an agentuses a LAN server as the file source, the first script to execute is on that LAN Server agent. If that machine is offline or the script fails to complete, the remainer of the scripts to install the patch are not processed.

Verifythe Patch Mgmt -> File Source functionconfiguration. If using a LAN Server machine in the configuration, verify the Lan Server settings are correctly configured and check the pending scripts are processing normally on that agent machine.

If you have continued problems, please contact support@kaseya.com.

Rob Hendrix
    Kaseya Support

Legacy Posted By Username: rhendrix
  • Guy's I opened a support case regarding patching recently and was told that Kaseya uses MBSA to determine if a patch is needed for a machine, and that it will report needed patches that Windows Update does not show. Unfortunately, i just finished testing this and found it to be incorrect. I have many machines that have been fully patched throughWindowsUpdate that report missing patches in Kaseya. when ire-run the patches fromKaseya, they fail. Further review reveals they fail because the patch had alreadybeen applied. I am re-opening my support case, but I do not have high hopes for this at the moment.

Legacy Posted By Username: rdwilkerson